In this document, the following references are used:
- “Us”, “Our” and “We” referring to “Umbrella Trading Limited”.
- “You” and “Your” referring to “The Customer”.
- “Information” referring to “Personal Data”.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy
This policy, together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to within, sets out the basis on which any information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
All information obtained by this website is done so under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – (EU) 2016/679. The European Data Protection Regulation is applicable as of May 25th, 2018 in all member states to harmonize data privacy laws across Europe.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Umbrella Trading Limited, Unit 1, Baines Way, Bowthorpe Employment Area, Norwich, Norfolk, NR5 9JR (VAT Number: 384 8408 60. Company Number: 12673379).
This policy only applies to our website. If you leave our website via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the website.
Information we may collect from you
- Information that you provide by filling out forms on our website (www.umbrellatrading.co.uk). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical information about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect or distribute information in this way.
- We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
- You may download and install the official Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On which prevents all websites, not just this one, from obtaining your information through Google Analytics.
Cookies enable us to assist you in the following ways:
- Utilise information about your preferences allowing us to personalise the products you see.
- Speed up your searches and page load times across our website.
- Recognise you when you return to our website.
- Estimate our global audience size and website usage patterns to help us improve on our overall product offerings.
Where we store your information
Generally, all information collected by us and our third parties is stored in the following ways:
- Information relating to your Umbrella Trading account is predominantly stored on our secure Managed VPS Servers which are currently hosted with Heart Internet.
- Information relating to any of our third party services; such as our real-time shipping calculators, the Stripe payment gateway or any of the Google integrated services this website uses; store their information on their own chosen secured servers which are governed by their own separate privacy policies.
All information you provide to us may be stored on third party secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How your information is used
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our products or services.
We may also use your information (or permit selected third parties to use your information) to provide you with information about products and services which may be of interest to you and we/they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
Both the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) – (EU) 2016/679 and the Data Protection Act 1998 give you the right to access or remove information held about you. Your right of access or removal can be exercised in accordance with either of these acts.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
Access to information
If you would like to gain access to your personal data, please email [email protected] with the subject heading ‘Personal Data: Access Request’; and in your email, please provide us with the username and email address for the account.
Once you have provided us with the required information, a member of our team will reply within 48 working hours. This email will contain a .zip file containing all personal data held against the requested account.
We are unable to grant access to information to anyone that does not provide us with a matching username and email address against a single account.
Removal of information
Before making a removal of information request, we strongly advise all account holders to complete the ‘Access to information’ personal data request found above.
This process will remove all information relating to and including an account on this website. This includes but is not limited to: historical data, order information, invoices and credit notes.
If you would like to have your personal data erased, please email [email protected] with the subject heading ‘Personal Data: Removal Request’; and in your email, please provide us with the username and email address for the account.
Once you have provided us with the required information, a member of our team will reply within 48 working hours. This email will confirm the erasure of your personal data. You will no longer be able to access your account (or any historical data relating to it) as this too will be removed from our system.
We are unable to remove information for anyone that does not provide us with a matching username and email address against a single account.
Stripe’s secure payment facilities are used to process all purchases made through this website. All processed payments meet with the Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) requirements, inclusive of 3D Secure checks when applicable.
Smush sends images to the WPMU DEV servers to optimise them for web use. This includes the transfer of EXIF data. The EXIF data will either be stripped or returned as it is. It is not stored on the WPMU DEV servers.